Sunday, July 4, 2010

According To Kate: The 4th Is A Time Of Gratitude



Happy Birthday America!
The Fourth has always been my favorite holiday for obvious reasons... bbq's, fireworks, parades, rodeos, family and friend and all the other things that make it such a fun time of the year. I think though, the main reason I love it so much is because for me, it is so easy to find so many reasons to be grateful. As I stood today in Church and sang the Star Spangled Banner, along with giving a lesson to my five year olds about having gratitude in our hearts, I thought about all the things I have to be thankful for. The listed consisted of my family, the gospel, our country, my pioneer ancestry, and freedom to do and be whatever I choose. We all have so much to live for, so much to be proud of, and so much to thank our Heavenly Father for. What an excellent time of year and time in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment