Friday, July 23, 2010

According To Kate: Summer Is Coming To A Close

I am still trying to figure out where my summer has gone, I put my two weeks notice in this coming up week for my jobs, how crazy is that!? I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to work as much as I have this summer but I am SO ready for the fall to get here and to get back into school. I went to Orientation this last week, I know without a doubt in my mind that I have made the right choice. I love SUU, I love Cedar City; I know it is where I need to be. During our quick trip down me and my lovely Mother Paula met with counselors and advisors who were all so nice and so down to earth, I already feel like I'm part of a family down there, which is very necessary considering leaving my family here is going to be so difficult. As much as I am excited and anxious for school, I am still sad about moving out. I know it is necessary, and its 100% what I want to do, but sheesh... I love these people!! I am so lucky to have the family I do and to have the relationships I have. I kept telling my mom, "This would be so much easier if I didn't like you guys." We got a good laugh out of it, and then probably started crying for a minute as well. I have so much support from both of my parents as well as my brothers and sister. I know that moving away will only make us closer and me appreciate them even more. I also know that this is my time to start my own life and to do the things that I need to do! I am so pumped to start classes and live with my awesome roommates. I am also looking forward to having a little place of my own, which leads me to tell you how CRAZY getting ready to move is. I have taken over the dining room with all of my stuff, everything from bath towels to picture frames and my printer. It has also been fun getting together items for my bedroom. My Grandma gave me the most GORGEOUS bedding from the Gardner Village quilt shop for Christmas last year...I LOVE IT! Also, my mom bought me stuff to make our little family room cozy and cute. (when I get my camera...and I'm all moved in I will post a few pictures.) Anyway, even though I am down to the last month and I'm trying to get everything pieced together (with the help of my parents) I am just so excited and ready to start this adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment