Thursday, October 27, 2011

According To Kate: Pay Tribute

I am taking a Family Life and Human Development Class this semester and I am really liking it.

We have to write five- three page papers by the end of the semester.

Recently, I wrote one on a person who inspires me and characteristics they have.

I chose my Mom.

This weekend, I am home because she is feeling a little under-the-weather.

In honor of her, I'd like to share a paragraph from the paper I wrote.

I sure love you Mama Bear. A lot.



I think in order to see why a person inspires another person, you must have a little background of who that person is. Paula Brainich Beasley was born on June 4, 1964, which indeed makes her date of birth 6-4-64. She loves Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and hot, hot weather that even the Devil himself couldn’t sit through. She is the kind of person who makes simple things in life extraordinary. She is equal parts of sassy and bold which makes for a wonderful flavor with a mighty kick at the end. She somehow, is even a vision in running pants and a hoodie. She has brilliant thoughts… thoughts that make you step back and reconsider what you’ve been doing. She has creative ideas… Ideas that make the rest of the 4th graders in your class wish they had your Mom so that their book projects looked like they came straight out of Martha Strewart Living. She is 46. When she dances around the kitchen in her pajamas and socks, doing her high school cheer routine to Suptertramp, you would think she was 16 because of her enthusiasm. When she has you sat down on her bed, wiping the tears from your eyes, telling you that you that life is going to be filled with only great things, sure they will be hard, but great none the least, you would think she was 86 because of her wisdom. She truly is someone to be inspired by. What makes her so inspirational? There are three major things that truly inspire me about my mom and they are her selflessness, her strength, and her spirituality.



The rest of the paper was sort of thrown together.
(You know how it is trying to throw together something about thirty minutes before it's due)

I was happy with this portion though.
And I'm happy with the Mother I have.


♥ Miss Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment